City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants
Type: Short Course
Duration: 25 weeks, one day per week
What You Study
The course covers a range of topics such as:
- Bathing and drying dogs
- Maintaining equipment
- How to control and restrain dogs
- Maintaining cleanliness and biosecurity.
Enthusiasm and commitment are vital for this course.
The course will run one day per week for 25 teaching weeks.
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, at present we are unavailable to advise when new grooming courses will commence.
If you apply to study one of these courses, you will be added to a waiting list and we will be in touch as soon as a slot on a course becomes available.
How You’re Assessed
Students are assessed by online tests and salon-based practical assessment and theory assignments
People who take this course could go onto progress to the City and Guilds Level 3 Dog Grooming Diploma.
Upon completion of this course, students can work as a Dog Grooming Assistant.
- Overalls / protective clothing – recommendations will be discussed at the first session
- Grooming scissors – recommendations will be discussed at first session
- Sturdy shoes or boots, e.g. walking boots. Not trainers.
£1100 per person.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form.