Skip to main content
Education banner T Level students develop activities for children

Education and Early Years College Courses

Passionate about a career in early years education or childcare?

Our Education and Early Years courses are designed to give you the skills to progress to degree-level study or to go straight into work.

Developed in consultation with employers, professional bodies and education specialists, our courses will provide you with the skills employers are looking for.

You'll cover topics such as include children’s welfare, development, food and nutrition, and play and craft activities for early learning.

Great choice of courses

In addition to Level 1 and 2 Childcare and Early Years Education courses, Bishop Burton College was one of the first colleges in the country to pioneer the new T Level in Childcare, which provides an exciting new route into the profession. We're proud to say that our T Level students had a 100% pass rate.

T Level Logo Black

Preparing you for employment

At Bishop Burton, you’ll combine theoretical study in the classroom with hands-on experience in the College’s state-of-the-art Childcare Centre of Excellence, as well as on placements with nurseries, pre-schools, primary schools, and more.

20% of your time as a T Level student will be spent on a meaningful industry placement and the remaining 80% will be learning with us here at our Childcare Centre of Excellence. By learning with us, you’ll benefit from our team’s excellent links with over 100 different placement providers .

We also organise study trips further afield, such as our recent visit to Dubai, where you'll have the chance to learn about different approaches to early years education and gain a global perspective.

Career opportunities:

Our Education and Early Years college courses will allow you to explore a range of careers, including:

  • Primary school teacher 
  • Children’s play centres
  • Nursery worker
  • Childminder
  • Teaching assistant
  • Play leader
Whether you want to work in education and early years, or are already employed and want to add to your skills and qualifications, we can help you take your next step.

Watch an on-demand session for this subject now

Student Profiles

Abbie Cadman – T Level in Education and Childcare

"The Childcare course at Bishop Burton was a lot more hands-on than any of the other college courses I looked at."

Watch video
Read more profiles


Course Search How to Apply Open Event Booking