Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
Type: Short Course
Duration: Eight days
What You Study
During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy, physiology and nutrition and how they relate to exercise and fitness
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- The skills to conduct client and group inductions in the gym-based environment and support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective exercise and physical activity sessions
- Professionalism for fitness instructing
- Personal and professional development
- Delivering exceptional customer service.
In order to complete this programme, you must:
- Be over 16 years of age
- Have experience in the gym environment, using cardiovascular equipment, fixed and free weights
- Have a good standard of fitness.
The course will last for 10 weeks with final practical assessments taking place on the week commencing 23rd August.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Work full time or part time as a gym instructor within a health and fitness club
- Work towards becoming a gym supervisor or fitness manager within a health and fitness club
- Deliver popular group classes (by taking CPD modules) including circuit training, Keiser cycle or core stability
- Build towards becoming a personal trainer by completing the remaining personal trainer modules
- Specialise in working with older adults or pre-natal and post-natal women.
This course costs £395.00 per person.
ALL payments must be paid before the start of the course.
How To Apply