1-2 years, depending on study route
Are you looking to build a career in sport? This course provides a great introudction to the sector, including areas such as exercise and fitness, coaching and leadership, sports development, and the outdoors.
You will study the Level 3 in Sport, with the option to specialise and gain additional qualifications in bespoke employability sessions built into your timetable. You will be able to chose from three pathways: Coaching and Teaching, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation or Fitness Industries. At the end of year one, you will have the option to switch pathways should you wish.
Our pathways are affiliated with 1st4Sport and Activ IQ, ensuring that you gain industry-relevant qualifications.
The specific modules you will study are subject to change, but the What You Will Study section gives you an indication of the kind of topics that you will cover.
- Anatomy and Physiology (Exam Unit)
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being (Exam Unit)
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Practical Sports Performance
- Coaching for Performance
- Investigating Business in Sport (Exam Unit)
- Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Sports Injury Management
- Development and Provision in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry (Exam Unit)
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Research Methods in Sport
You will need four GCSEs at grade 4 or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
You will learn through a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
You will normally be at college three days per week.
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. This is available to purchase online from induction week onwards.