1-2 years, depending on study route
Do you want to develop your sporting ability whilst also maximising your chances of career success? If so, this course is for you.
Designed with our football, rugby and netball academies in mind, this course combines high-performance sport with one of specialist academic training.You will have the opportunity to take part in up to 12 hours of elite coaching/strength and conditioning work, which is embedded into your timetable, with Wednesdays set aside for scheduled competitive fixtures.
You will study the Level 3 in Sport, with the option to specialise and gain additional qualifications in bespoke employability sessions built into your timetable. You will be able to chose from three pathways: Coaching and Teaching, Physiotherapy and Sports Rehabilitation or Fitness Industries. At the end of year one, you will have the option to switch pathways should you wish.
Our pathways are affiliated with 1st4Sport and Activ IQ, ensuring that you gain industry-relevant qualifications.
The specific modules you will study are subject to change, but the What You Will Study section gives you an indication of the kind of topics that you will cover.
We are proud to work with a range of sport partners, including Hull City FC, Pentathlon GB, Tigers Trust, East Riding Country Football Association, Firs Step Sports Group and AOC Sport.
- Anatomy and Physiology (Exam Unit)
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being (Exam Unit)
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Practical Sports Performance
- Coaching for Performance
- Investigating Business in Sport (Exam Unit)
- Skill Acquisition in Sport
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Sports Injury Management
- Development and Provision in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry (Exam Unit)
- Sport and Exercise Massage
- Research Methods in Sport
You will need four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
You will learn through a mixture of theory and practical sessions.
You will be on campus five days per week. Usually, three days will be a split between academic learning and training as part of your sport academy. Wednesdays are reserved for training/matches. The final day is reserved for academic studies.
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. Please contact your team coach for more details.