Horticulture and Landscape Operative
Duration: 18 - 24 months
What You Study
- Principles of plant growth and development
- Plant nutrition requirements
- Ways to reduce waste
- How to use equipment correctly
- Cultivating soils for differing purposes
- Controlling plant pests and diseases
- Identifying plants.
You must have GCSE English and Maths at grade D or 3 or equivalent. You must also pass an initial assessment, secure work within horticulture and landscaping as an apprentice and have one satisfactory reference.
More advanced courses are available at the college for further progression.
Work as a landscape gardener, planning and maintaining large gardens, parks and green spaces, garden centres etc.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).