Bishop Burton College has often been praised for the level and quality of support that it gives to all of its students.
Specialist support is available for people with diagnosed additional needs, through to less formal support to help students on every level of course with everything from note taking to working out percentages!
We can help you with:
- Study skills
- Assignment writing
- Maths support
- Spelling, punctuation, grammar
If you know you have a learning or physical disabilit, or think you may have, don't let that stop you doing the course you want to do. Our staff are very experienced with supporting students who have a variety of needs. During your interview we can discuss your specific requirements.
We can support students who:
- Hearing impaired or with profound hearing loss
- Visually impaired
- Have an emotional or mental health difficulty
- Physically disabled
- Have a learning disability and/or difficulty
- Have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, dyscalculia or dyspraxia
- Have ADHD, ODD, Autism or Aspergers
- Living with a long-term disabling medical condition such as diabetes, epilepsy, cancer, HIV, multiple sclerosis etc.
The College employs a range of support staff who can help you in the classroom, in a small study skills group or individually.
We may be able to assist you with understanding assignment briefs, support you by scribing during exams and offer any specialist equipment you may need to complete your studies. We can also arrange for you to have an assessment which gives you special arrangements in examinations.