This programme is an excellent introduction to the sport and recreation industry, allowing you to gain practical experience and take part in a range of activities and enrichment opportunities.
The qualification will prepare you for employment within the sport industry. You will have the chance to participate in sports such as football, rugby, hockey and kayaking.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Practical sports performance
- Injury in sport
- Health and lifestyle
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or D or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a related Level 1 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
You will normally be in college three days a week.
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments.
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils.
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. This is available to purchase via our online shop from induction week onwards.