The College is home to the Hull City Tigers Academy, and is the only college in Yorkshire that provides training facilities for their U9 to U21 teams.
The College Football Academy has close links with the Tigers, and benefits from exclusive access to its progression pathway and coaching expertise.
The youth team’s apprentices are based at the College’s training ground and the club deliver academic learning, training and nutrition all on site.
The move has helped the club reach Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) Category Two.
The academy has use of:
- Four dedicated high performance grass pitches (including one floodlit match pitch)
- A full size 4G all-weather pitch
- New modern changing rooms
- State-of-the-art sports and fitness centre with fitness suite, sports hall, aerobics studio and physiotherapy rooms
- Strength and conditioning facilities
- Classrooms, meeting rooms and hospitality areas including the Sports and Conference Suite.
Bishop Burton College is the match venue for all age groups within the academy. The partnership supports the Bishop Burton Football Academy, offering greater community opportunities and exit pathways for players at U16 and youth level. The Bishop Burton Football Academy is the only College in Yorkshire to play in the English Colleges Category One League, competing against the top 24 colleges in the country.