Studying for a degree at Bishop Burton is an experience like no other. There are lots of reasons why you should choose us, but here are seven to get you started...
- Our campus is second to none! You have multi-million pound facilities set in the heart of the Yorkshire countryside.
- We’re a stone’s throw away from two of the most vibrant cities in the north. Hull, the 2017 City of Culture, is just 15 minutes down the road while the historic city of York is just 45 minutes away.
- You’ll make friends from all over the country. Our courses are considered some of the best around so we draw in excellent talent from across the UK.
- A healthy body equals a healthy mind. If you’re into sport, at whatever level, there’s something here for you. We have plenty of competitive and recreational sports teams, so there will definitely be something to get involved with.
- We have a wide range of qualifications, with clear paths for progression onto the next step, so we’ll help you all the way to the career of your dreams.
- Employability is the key at Bishop Burton College. We work closely with regional and national employers to secure the best work placements, apprenticeships and job opportunities during and after you achieve your qualification.
- It’s a fun place to be. But don’t believe us, hear from the thousands of students who have studied here. If you’re looking for a place to balance your academic development with your personal growth, we’re definitely a unique offering.
The tutors are experts in their fields and really know their stuff.
We offer higher education programmes at different levels of study, so that you can find the perfect one for you.
Higher National Certificate (HNC)
One-year, full-time equivalent to the first year of a Bachelor’s Degree. A HNC can also lead to a Higher National Diploma (HND) or the second year of a Foundation Degree or Bachelor’s Degree.
These two-year, full-time courses can lead to a BA or BSc degree, with an additional ‘top up’ year of study.
Available as Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Bachelor of Arts (BA), these three-year, full-time degree programmes are of equal status.
This is the highest level of study offered by the college and requires students to have previously completed a BSc or BA.