Are you looking to start a career as a Land-Based Service Engineering Technician? As a technician apprentice, you will work alongisde experienced professionals, usually on site, utilising your own initiative in a customer facing role. You may mentor or supervise colleagues and provide advice to customers. You will earn a wage and be released to study during your working week.
Your will work on a diverse range of complex tasks and technologically advanced machinery, this may be agriculture, ground care or plant. You need to have a strong work ethic, be proactive and possess a positive attitude, be able to employ a logical process approach to tasks and problems, adapt to different situations, and have the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently. You may have to work irregular hours.
- To develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours as required for employment and future career progression within the industry.
- Health and safety, risk assessment and mitigating hazards
- Identification, application and care of diagnostic tools and equipment
- Technical data, documentation and operational conditions
- Wiring and hydraulic circuits
- Technological systems and electro- hydraulic systems
- Install and handover machinery and equipment
- Advanced maintenance and repair of technologically advanced machinery
- Diagnostics, repairs and re-instatement of complex products
- Technical reports, proposals and quotations
You will need appropriate employment in the land-based engineering industry. It is preferable that you have a minimum GCSE grade 4/C in English and Maths.
You will develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours through theory and practical-based lessons
You will be released from work one day per week to undertake training at college.
- Stationery such as pens and paper
- An electronic device to access online learning, i.e. a laptop
- Steel toe-capped boots and overalls for practical sessions