1-2 years, depending on study route
Are you aspiring to join the police force? This course is for you. It features stand-alone units specifically designed to prepare you to progress into the Police.
Working alongside Humberside Police, the course has been designed to ensure that you are studyng the more current topics, putting you in the best position to progress into the service, whilst also ensuring you have the relevant knowledge and skills to progress to degree level study should you wish.
You will also have the opportunity to work closely with and take part in work experience with the specialist operations unit at Humberside Police, as well as taking part in a range of employability workshops with the force throughout the programme.
The specific modules you will study vary depending on your pathway. Please see the What You Will Study section for the full list of possible modules.
- Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
- Understanding discipline
- Develop aspects of physical fitness
- Equality, diversity and inclusion (mandatory)
- Collaboration between the emergency services (Diploma pathway only)
- Develop leadership skills (mandatory)
- Mental and physical wellbeing
- Prepare for a career in the police service (mandatory)
- Emergency Planning and Response (Diploma pathway only)
- The development of the UK police service
- Crime scene investigation
- Volunteering in the police service
- Preparation for higher education (Extended Diploma only)
- The Influence of UK government, international organisations and the media
- UK legal systems and the police service
- Understanding mental health
- Safeguarding and the Prevent duty (Extended Diploma only)
- Understand conflict management and personal protection (Extended Diploma only)
You will need four GCSEs at grade 4/C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
- Folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- Sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities in all weathers
- College branded hooded jumper (Policing option) which will be available to try on during induction week for sizing
- Waterproof outdoor clothing and footwear suitable for all weather conditions
- Walking boots