Do you want to work as a teacher trainer or instructor, but don't currently work in the profession? This programme is an ideal introduction to teaching.
It is on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) and is the introductory award to the suite of teaching qualifications.
- To provide you with an introdution to teaching.
- Allow you to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions, in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
- Understand Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
You must be 19+ to undertake this programme. It is desirable that you have GCSE grade 4 or C or above in English and Maths, or an equivalent qualification.
This programme includes a mixture of inclusive teaching and learning methods utilising lectures, tutorials, seminars, and peer observation.
As an introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no minimum teaching practice requirement and can be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role. However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in microteaching.
This course is held on Tuesday evenings, 6pm - 9pm. It is developed via blended learning, with sessions held remotely.