Are you hoping to pursue a career within one of the many uniformed pulic services? This course will give you a wide range of practical skills and knowledge to do just that.
- An insight into public services
- Impacts of crime on the community
- Preparing to respond to emergency incidents
- Leadership and teamwork
- Competitive sports and outdoor activities
- English and Maths, as required
You will need four GCSEs at grade 3 or D or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
You will learn through a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions. You may also be able to undertake a residential week with the public services, learning about recruitment and entry requirements.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
- Suitable footwear for both indoor and outdoor activities, such as trainers and football boots.