Health and Social Care
Practical vs Theory
Are you looking to launch a career in the caring professionals? This course provides you with an excellent platform to do so.
It is a wide-ranging, engaging programme that will introduce you to the key values, skills and qualities required to work in care environments.
- To inspire and enthuse you to consider a career in health and social care.
- To give you the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and develop your skills in health and social care.
- Communication in health and social care
- Health and social care values
- The rights of the individual
- Ensuring safe environments
- Healthy living
- Equality and diversity
- A research project in health and social care
- English and Maths, as required
You will need four GCSEs at grade 3/ D or equivalent, including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. A satisfactory reference and clear Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) check are also required.
You will learn through a mix of theory and practical work, guest speakers and relevant visits.
You will normally be in college three days a week.