Art and Design
Practical vs Theory
This course will help to launch a career in various areas of design and digital media. You will research areas that interest you, respond to project briefs, build a personal portfolio and gain real insight into contemporary creative practice.
The programme provides you with opportunities to explore an exciting range of locations and themes to generate innovative and individual ideas and outcomes.
- Tol provide you with the fundamental creative skills and working practices needed for progression to further study.
- Digital media
- Creative projects
- Portfolio development
- Working to a brief
- Communicating ideas and information
- English and Maths, as required
You will need four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent, including English and Maths. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
A practical approach to teaching and learning is taken on this course.
You will normally be in college three days per week.
- Drawing equipment including pens, pencils, rubber, ruler, sharpener, watercolours
- A digital camera/smartphone is useful for taking photos of your work
- A laptop or tablet would be useful