Institute of Technology
Access to the latest cutting-edge agricultural technologies is available to students, thanks to our new Centre for Precision Agriculture.
The Yorkshire and Humber Institute of Technology specialises in delivering higher-level technical skills and its mission to improve productivity, reduce skills gaps and support industry growth has been reflected at the college with the launch of our £1.7m Centre for Precision Agriculture.
A collaboration between employers, the college and university level education providers, the IoT is designed not only to future-proof agriculture but also the future careers of our students.
Our new centre with facilities and learning environments dedicated to the most forward-looking agricultural technologies will enable students to achieve high level technical qualifications, focusing on precision farming to transform food production and reduce emissions, pollution, waste and soil erosion.
Students will be able to experience the latest techniques and equipment, including satellite technology, to achieve the best results with the smallest environmental impact.
University level courses:
- HNC Agriculture (General)
- FdSc Agriculture
- FdSc Agriculture (Precision Crop Technology)
- FdSc Wildlife and Conservation Management
- BSc (Hons) Precision Agriculture
- BSc (Hons) Wildlife and Conservation Management
College level courses:
- BTEC Level 3 in Diploma Agriculture
- City and Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Land-Based Engineering
We are pleased to be offering FULLY FUNDED short courses to upskill agricultural workers, thanks to funding from In Work Skills. Find out more.
- Agricultural Technology Data Handling and Communications
- Agricultural Guidance Systems and Communication
- Agricultural Robotics