Level 3 in Dog Grooming
Type: Short Course
Duration: 50 weeks, one day per week
What You Study
The course covers a range of topics such as:
- Health and safety
- Styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking
- Handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form.
Candidates are required to have successfully passed Level 2 Certificate for Dog Grooming Assistants course. Proven experience in the grooming industry will NOT allow you onto the Level 3 course.
The course will run one day per week for 50 teaching weeks.
If you apply to study one of these courses, you will be added to a waiting list and we will be in touch as soon as a slot on a course becomes available.
How You’re Assessed
Students are assessed by a written exam, assignments and practical grooming exams which also cover health checks and first aid.
People who take this course could go onto progress within or into the animal industry and in the grooming sector.
- Overalls / protective clothing – recommendations will be discussed at first session
- Grooming scissors – recommendations will be discussed at the first session
- Sturdy shoes or boots, e.g. walking boots. Not trainers.
If you are aged 19 and over you can apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to cover the costs of the course. Please visit Gov.uk for more information or contact Student Services on 01964 553000.