Bishop Burton Gym
Based in Bishop Burton College's Centre for Sport and Fitness, the gym is open to students and the public.
Bishop Burton College's Centre for Sport and Fitness is RE-OPENING!
We have been working with industry and government guidance to ensure when we re-open our facilities, we comply with their requirements to be COVID secure. We are now pleased to announce that we are planning to re-open our Gym at Bishop Burton on Tuesday 1st September 2020.
We have implemented a number of changes to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. These include:
- Re-opening to members only
- Reception screen and social distancing floor markings
- One-way system throughout the building
- Hand sanitiser available at key locations throughout the facility including on entry in the Reception area
- Limiting the number of gym users at any one time, this would mean the need to pre-book all activities (including gym sessions) either by phone or email 01964 553111 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gym sessions limited to 45 minutes in duration to start on the hour, allowing 15 minutes for cleaning equipment after use and safe changeover between sessions
- Some gym equipment has been taken out of use to enable social distancing to take place
- Cleaning materials are provided, and any equipment used needs to be cleaned before and after use
- Please bring your own filled water bottle, although there is a water dispenser available for refills
- Changing rooms, showers and lockers remain closed initially therefore, gym users must arrive changed and ready
- Toilet capacity has been limited to ensure social distancing can take place
- We operate a cashless payment system and encourage contactless payment where possible
- Adjusting opening hours to allow for deep cleaning and sanitisation to take place in addition to regular cleaning throughout the day in key areas and touch points
- In order to support NHS test and trace a record of all visitors to the facility will be kept
- Our terms and conditions have been updated to include requirements due to COVID-19, on your first visit returning to the gym you will be asked to confirm your agreement to the amended terms, a copy of the changes is attached for your reference in advance
- Memberships will be re-activated with Direct Debits resuming from 1st September 2020.
Prior to re-opening, if you would like to get in touch please email email@example.com
Thank you for your patience, we hope you and your families are well and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
There's no joining fee and our friendly and experienced team are always on hand to offer advice and tailored programmes.
Membership / Activity
|Full Membership||£21 per month|
|Concessionary: 55+ / Students / Public Sector Workers / Armed Forces||£17.50 per month|
|Bishop Burton Students and Staff||£15 per month|
|Bishop Burton Students' Parents||£17.50 per month|
|Parents of Academy Players at Partner Clubs||£17.50 per month|
|Pay as You Go Fitness Suite||£5 per session|
For more information or to join, call 01964 553111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also pop in and speak to our team.
|Monday - Thursday||7am - 9.30pm|
|Friday||7am - 8.30pm|
|Saturday||8am - 4pm|
|Sunday||8am - 4pm|