Bishop Burton Sport’s highly successful performance academies allow talented athletes to access top-class coaching and training.
We provide students with the best possible environment to achieve their sporting ambitions and our academies are some of the highest performing anywhere in the country.
All of our professional coaches have elite-level sport experience, and applicants to our academy programmes must demonstrate a level of achievement or potential at regional or national level in their chosen sport. Academy players receive technical and tactical field sessions, strength and conditioning, video analysis, team meetings and various additional sessions to improve their knowledge and performance.
Sport is a growing industry, with an increasingly wide variety of exciting career opportunities for those who choose to study sport. Bishop Burton College and University Centre Bishop Burton (UCBB) run a range of courses, which provide routes into all types of employment in the sector, and our academies are also a platform for those who aspire to play professionally.
There's nowhere better to train in your sport,
which is why students from across the region, the country and the world choose to come to Bishop Burton.
- 40 station high spec gym, which is open for membership to members of the public
- 10 high-quality outdoor match and training pitches, including a 3G all weather pitch and high quality floodlit grass pitches
- 10 large, high-grade changing rooms
- Free weights area
- Two strength and conditioning suites
- Sprung floor dance studio
- Two sports halls
- Equine Centre, featuring a variety of indoor and outdoor arenas
- 7k cross country track
- Training room with projector and smartboard.