Level 3 in Sport (Rugby, Football and Netball Academy Option)
Duration: One to two years, depending on study route
1st4Sport is an awarding organisation which is also regulated by Ofqual. 1st4Sport provides over 220 specific coaching qualifications for a range of sports and is widely recognised as being the marketing leader also when it comes to coaching qualification. 1st4Sport offer a range of coaching-related qualifications including specific sport coaching badges, first aid, leadership, multi-skills and sports analysis.
Active IQ is an awarding organisation recognised and regulated by Ofqual within the Active Leisure sector, designing qualifications that support clear career pathways. Active IQ is now regarded as the market leader in regards to its fitness qualifications which include areas such as Gym Instructing, Personal Training, Nutrition, Sports Massage.
What You Study
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Practical Sports Performance
- Sports Leadership and Coaching
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Development and Provision of Sport
- Investigating Business
- Skill Acquisition
- Research Methods
- Sports Injury
- Sports Massage
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
A range of qualification options are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- One-year Extended Certificate, including English and Maths
- One-year Foundation Diploma
- Two-year Diploma, including English and Maths
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
Students are expected to find a suitable one week placement in the sports industry. As a college, we have a wide selection of placements for the students to contact ranging from professional sports teams to national fitness organisations and local leisure centres.
How You're Assessed
Students are assessed using a variety of methods, including presentations, written reports, role plays, voice recordings, video presentations, practical sessions, observations and posters.
Students who successfully complete this course can go on to study the subject at degree-level.
By choosing to study our BTEC Level 3 in Sport you will be ready for a wide range of careers. More specifically, our pathway options can lead you to the following careers:
- Elite Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Director of Sport (Education)
- Primary Sports Teacher
- Secondary PE Teacher
- College / University Lecturer
- Sports Analyst
- Sports Bio-Mechanics Analyst
- Sports Coaching Company Owner
- Social Work
- Sports Inclusion Officer
- Sports Official
- Sports Reporter / Broadcaster
- Gym Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Strength and Conditioner (Elite Level)
- Sports Therapist
- Physiotherapist (Elite and NHS)
- Sports Masseuse
- Sports Nutritionist (Elite and NHS)
- Dance Instructor
- Exercise Referral (NHS)
Physiotherapy / Sports Rehabilitation Pathway
- Physiotherapist (Elite Clubs)
- Physiotherapist (NHS)
- Physiotherapist (Private)
- Sports Rehabilitator
- Masseuse (sports massage)
- Exercise Referral (NHS and Private)
For your course, you will need:
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. Please contact your team coach for more details.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).