Level 2 in Sport
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Anatomy and physiology
- Practical sports performance
- Injury in sport
- Health and lifestyle
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or D or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a related Level 1 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Many students progress on to one of our Level 3 Sport courses.
How You're Assessed
Students are assessed using a variety of methods, including presentations, written reports, role plays, voice recordings, video presentations, practical sessions, observations and posters.
Students undertake a two-week work placement with the Hull City Tigers Trust, completing their NCS (National Citizenship Service) award.
What could it lead to?
Work as a sports coach, personal trainer, sport development worker, youth sport co-ordinator and many more. You could also work in the sport retail sector.
For your course, you will need:
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. This is available to purchase on the College website from induction week onwards.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).