Level 1 Introductory Vocational Studies (Sport and Public Services)
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Employment opportunities
- Well-being and fitness
- Public services skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Competitive sports and outdoor activities
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
A genuine passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress to study at Level 2 in Sport or Public Services.
Work as a fitness instructor, leisure centre assistant, lifeguard, sports coach and many more. More senior positions can then be pursued following further development.
For your course, you will need:
- Lever arch folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- It is advised that you purchase sports kit for both indoor and outdoor activities. We have Errea college branded sports kit available to order if you wish. This is available to purchase on the College website from induction week onwards.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).