BTEC Level 3 in Public Services
Duration: One or two years, depending on study route
What You Study
- An insight into the public service sector
- The qualities required for a successful career
- Leadership and teamwork
- Competitive sports and outdoor activities
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
A range of pathways are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma (year 1)
- Level 3 90 Credit Diploma (year 1)
- Level 3 120 Credit Diploma (year 2)
- Level 3 180 Credit Extended Diploma (year 2).
Students are expected to find a suitable one-week placement in the public service industry. The college also runs a two-week residential at Strensall Army Barracks.
How You're Assessed
Students are assessed using a variety of methods, including presentations, written reports, role plays, voice recordings, video presentations, practical sessions, observations and posters.
Students who successfully complete this course can go on to study the subject at degree-level.
Work at a senior level within the police, fire and ambulance services, Army, Navy, Probation Service, Prison Service, the Courts and Tribunals Service, local authorities and many more.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).