Sports Turf Operative Apprenticeship
Duration: 18 - 24 months
What You Study
- How to identify and use the correct materials, tools and equipment for grounds keeping,
- How to monitor, record and report findings
- Environmental, and health and safety law and regulations
- An understanding of different types of surface and problems associated with them
- How to minimise waste and reduce environmental impacts.
You must have GCSE English and Maths at grade D or 3 or equivalent. You must also pass an initial assessment, secure work with sports turf as an apprentice and have one satisfactory reference.
More advanced courses are available at the college for further progression.
This Apprenticeship is recognised by the Grounds Management Association, the Professional Body for Sports Turf Operatives and others working in the grounds care industry. Upon achievement of this apprenticeship the apprentice will be eligible to join the IOG register of Turf Management Professionals.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).