Level 1 Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children's and Young People's Settings
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Introduction to the caring sectors
- Health and social care needs
- Personal care in health and social care
- Principles and values
- Human growth and development
- Development of children and young people through play
- Communication with adults and children in health and social care
- English and Maths, as required.
A passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students who want to further their studies can progress to a Level 2 course in Health and Social Care or Childcare at the college.
Work in nurseries, care homes, children's play centres, schools, child minding, within at home care services, as a counselling assistant and many more.
For your course, you will need:
- Folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- A laptop or tablet will also be useful
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).