T Level in Childcare
Duration: Two years
What You Study
Childcare Core Concepts:
- Wider Context of the childcare industry
- Supporting Education
- Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
- Parents, Families and Carers
- Child Development
- Observation and Assessment
- Special Educational Needs and Disability
Early Years Educator Specialism Key Concepts:
- Support and promote children’s play, development and early education
- Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
- Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths or a relevant BTEC Level 2/First Diploma, plus one satisfactory reference.
However, there may be exceptions and all individual cases will be treated on merit.
Two years full-time. Normally in college three days per week and one to two days in work placement.
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following employment in the Childcare sector, including jobs such as:
- Nursery worker
- Teaching assistant
- Learning mentor
- Child minding
- Children’s play centres
- Special educational needs teaching assistant
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).