BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Communication in health and social care
- Health and social care values
- The rights of the individual
- Ensuring safe environments
- Healthy living
- Equality and diversity
- A research project in health and social care
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or D or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. A satisfactory reference and clear Disclosing and Barring Service (DBS) check are also required.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress on to the Level 3 programme.
Work in a specialised area of care, such as learning disability or mental health, in social or youth work, in the public or private health and care sectors, in drug and alcohol counselling, in victim support or offending teams, in community care and many more.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).