Level 3 in Floristry
Duration: One or two years
What You Study
- The conditioning of flowers and foliage
- Floristry design, including weddings and funerals
- Multicultural designs
- Floral arrangements
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 2 Floristry qualification, along with one satisfactory reference.
Degree courses in Floristry are available at University Centre Bishop Burton to further your studies at a higher level and build your employability.
Work in positions of responsibility within retail florists, in wedding and other event floristry, in hotels and hospitality. You could also set up your own business or work as a freelance florist.
For your course, you will need:
- Covered in flat shoes (for health and safety reasons)
- Floristry scissors
- Portfolio (to store design work)
- A range of coloured floristry wires
- Different accessories
- Presentation boards
- Digital camera or smartphone for taking photos of your work
- Flowers: please expect to pay approximately £250 per year for flowers
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).
James studied the BTEC Level 3 in Floristry after deciding he wanted a change of career to work in an area he is passionate about.