Level 3 Apprenticeship in Senior Equine Groom
Duration: Up to 24 months
What You Study
- Health and safety, bio-security, data protection
- Organise yard and field duties
- Nutritional requirements, planning diets, stock rotation
- Specialist health care
- Medication control, first aid, sick nursing, oral and topical treatments
- Physiology and anatomy including muscles, lower leg, respiratory and circulatory systems
- Horses foot, hoof balance, shoeing, types of shoes, removing a shoe
- Grooming, trimming, pulling, clipping and plaiting
- Discipline specific saddlery and equipment
- Principles and legal requirements relating to travelling horses
- Variety of non-ridden and ridden exercises.
Appropriate employment in a supervisory or working towards a supervisory position in the equine industry.
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade C/4 in English and maths.
You may progress to a higher-level course at the college. You may be offered a higher-level role e.g. head groom.
Typical careers include Head Groom, head competition groom, yard manager, equine veterinary assistant
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).