Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care
Duration: One year full-time
What you study
- Introduction to the land-based industry
- Accommodation and feeding
- Handling animals
- Health and welfare
- Prepare and groom animals
- Maintaining and developing personal performance
- Providing controlled exercise
- English and Maths, as required
- Work experience (including one-week external placement each academic year).
Please note, the units studied may vary depending on the options chosen. Riding and non-riding options are available.
Four GCSEs at grade 2/3 or equivalent. Equivalent qualifications may also be considered. For the riding option, you must also demonstrate a suitable level of riding. We also have a maximum weight limit of 13 stone.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
How you're assessed
Assessment includes a variety of techniques, including class tests, portfolio-based and practical assessments. GCSE / Functional Skills exams in Maths and English will be compulsory if these have not been achieved at grade 4 when you start the course.
Students can progress to the Level 3 Diploma at the college.
The course provides you with opportunities to seek a junior position in industry, including grooms and yard workers. More senior positions can then be pursued.
How to apply
Application is via our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).