Level 2 Apprenticeship in Equine Groom
Duration: Up to 18 months
What You Study
- Health and safety, bio-security, data protection
- Routine yard and field duties
- Routine health care
- Medical and specialist treatments
- Health records - passports, vaccination, worming, farriery and dentistry
- Equine terminology, physiology and anatomy
- Grooming, trimming, clipping and plaiting
- Discipline specific saddlery and equipment
- Principles and legal requirements relating to travelling horses
- Variety of non-ridden and ridden exercises.
Appropriate employment in the equine industry.
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade D/3 in English and maths.
You may progress to a higher-level apprenticeship or course at the college. You may be offered a higher-level role e.g. assistant head groom.
Typical careers include Groom, competition groom, hunt groom, assistant yard manager, veterinary assistant.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).