Level 2 Underkeeper Apprenticeship
Duration: Up to 18 months
What You May Study
- Legislation and licensing requirements, rifle and shotgun use
- Ecological requirements of game species and habitat
- Land management and public access
- Rearing game and animal welfare
- Gamebird diseases and treatment
- Care of gundogs including fitness, routine care and handling
- Control of pest and predators
- Running of a shoot day
- Pre-use safety checks and use of machinery and equipment
- Maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Appropriate employment within the game and wildlife sector
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade D/3 in English and maths.
You may progress to a higher-level course at the college or you may be offered a higher-level role e.g. assistant head gamekeeper.
Typical careers include Underkeeper, gamekeeper, beatkeeper, wildlife manager.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).