BTEC Level 3 in Countryside Management (Game)
Duration: One or two years, depending on study route
What You Study
- Principles of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Estate skills
- Deer management
- Pest and predator control
- Shoot management
- Stalking and shooting deer
- Work experience and employability skills
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 4 equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 / First Diploma or equivalent. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
A range of pathways are available, dependent on your qualifications.
- One-year Extended Certificate
- One-year Subsidiary / 90 Credit Diploma
- Two-year 120 Credit Diploma
- Two-year Extended Diploma.
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress on to a higher level supervisory or management qualifications, e.g.
- FdSc Wildlife and Conservation Management
- FdSc Ecology and Environmental Management.
Work in game-keeping, deer management, as a game farmer, in pest control and many more.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).