BTEC Level 3 in Countryside Management
Duration: One to two years, depending on study route
What You Study
- Woodland management
- Wildlife ecology and conservation management
- Countryside estate skills activities
- Identification, planting and care of trees
- Professional working responsibilities
- Work experience
- Maths and / or English (if not achieved at grade 4).
Four GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a relevant BTEC Level 2 / First Diploma.
A range of pathways are available, determined by your qualifications.
- Extended Certificate (one year)
- Foundation Diploma (one year)
- Diploma (two years)
- Extended Diploma (two years).
On completion of this qualification, you will have obtained the skills, knowledge and understanding to progress on to a higher level supervisory or management qualifications, e.g.
- FdSc Wildlife and Conservation Management
- FdSc Ecology and Environmental Management.
Work as a countryside ranger, warden, conservation advisor, community manager, project development officer, conservation scientist and many more.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).
Alex studies BTEC Level 3 in Countryside Management and has found the content of the course fascinating.