Level 3 in Engineering Technologies (EAL)
Duration: One year full-time or two years part-time
What You Study
- Fabrication & Welding Principles
- Manual Metal Arc Welding
- Metal Inert Gas, Metal Active Gas (MIG/MAG) Welding
- Engineering & Environmental Health & Safety
- Engineering Organisational Efficiency and Improvement
- Pattern Development Methods
- Maintenance of Hydraulic Systems and Components
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- English and/or Maths (if not achieved at grade 4)
- 315 hours work experience (Essential)
Three GCSE’s at grade 4, preferably including English, plus GCSE Maths at grade 5. Information, advice and guidance will be provided when GCSE results have been confirmed. One satisfactory academic reference is also required.
One year full-time or two-year part-time, normally in college three days a week.
The college also runs a Level 2 Land-based Engineering Diploma and apprenticeships with land-based companies.
Work as a semi-skilled fabricator/welder or apprenticeships with associated engineering companies.
For your course, you will need:
- Good Quality Overalls
- Steel Toecap Boots
- Safety Glasses (Optional)
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).