Level 2 in Land-Based Engineering
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Health and safety for the land-based industries
- Land-based engineering workshop practices
- Transmission and driveline operation principles
- Engine operation principles
- Fabrication, cutting and joining
- Land-based vehicle electrics
- Hydraulic systems
- Land-based vehicle and machinery operation
- Working in the land-based engineering industry
- English and/or Maths (if not achieved at grade 4).
There is also a requirement to complete 150 hours of work experience.
Four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent, preferably including English and Maths, or a Level 1 qualification in a related subject. One satisfactory reference is also required.
The college also runs a Level 3 in Land-Based Engineering. Internal progression from Level 2 to Level 3 will be assessed on satisfactory completion of the Level 2 course.
Work as a technician within the horticultural or agricultural machinery industry, such as in 4WD operation and maintenance, harvesting, ground care, cultivation and planting equipment. You could also work in the wider land-based technology field, including in renewable energy.
For your course, you will need:
- Good Quality Overalls
- Steel Toecap Boots
- Safety Glasses (Optional)
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).