Level 2 Apprenticeship in Land-Based Service Engineering
Duration: Up to 24 months
What You Study
Level 2 Apprenticeship:
- Health and safety
- Identification and application of tools and equipment
- Operating principles of machinery and equipment
- Preparation of new and second-hand machinery
- Pre-inspection of machinery
- Routine servicing and maintenance
- Preparation of equipment for repair, repair and post repair
- Routine machine operation and system testing
- Thermal joining of metals and materials
- Record keeping
Appropriate employment in the Land-based Engineering industry.
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade C/4 in English and maths.
You may progress to a higher-level apprenticeship or course at the college. You may be offered a higher-level role e.g. assistant engineering technician, in your workplace.
Typical careers include Agricultural Service Engineer or Technician, Outdoor Power Equipment Service Engineer, Plant and Equipment Service Engineer.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).