Level 1 in Plastering
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Prepare background surfaces and plaster materials
- Apply plaster materials to internal backgrounds
- Produce components from moulds
- Form sand and cement screeds
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Maths and / or English (if not achieved at grade 4).
No formal entry requirements. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
This qualification enables you to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding so that you can progress to further training at Level 2 and on successful completion of the Level 2 you will be able to progress into a job role in the workplace.
Work as a qualified plasterer with a large company, independent local business or on a self-employed basis on a wide variety of different building developments.
For your course, you will need:
- Warm clothing and hard-wearing trousers for outdoor/ workshop practicals.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- OPTIONAL - Hi-Vis bib
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).