Level 1 in Bricklaying
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Working and communicating effectively in construction trades
- Prepare to carry out bricklaying
- Bricklaying skills
- Clear and store bricklaying tools and equipment
- Maths and / or English (if not achieved at grade 4).
No formal entry requirements. One satisfactory reference is also needed.
Higher levels of study are available at the college, such as Level 2 and Level 3 Bricklaying.
Work as a qualified bricklayer on a range of different building developments, for established companies or on a self-employed basis, as well as specialist work such as restoration and conservation.
For your course, you will need:
- Warm clothing and hard-wearing trousers for outdoor/ workshop practicals.
- Hard hat
- Steel toe capped boots
- OPTIONAL - Hi-Vis bib
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).