Level 1 in Art and Design
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Exploring drawing
- Exploring painting
- A project in two or three dimensions
- Exploring 3D design and crafts
- English and Maths, as required.
A genuine passion for the subject and one satisfactory reference is needed.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress to the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design.
This course will begin to develop the skills required to work within the art and design industry. For instance, as an interior or graphic designer, clothing or textile designer, prop maker, craft worker or illustrator.
For your course, you will need:
- Drawing equipment including pens, pencils, rubber, ruler, sharpener, watercolours
- A digital camera/ smart phone is useful for taking photos of your work
- A laptop or tablet would be useful
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).