Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Introduction to the Land Based industry
- Accommodation Theory
- Accommodation and Feeding Practical
- Feed and water theory
- Handling Animals Theory
- Handling Animals Practical
- Health and Welfare Theory
- Health and Welfare Practical
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Provide controlled exercise theory
- Provide controlled exercise practical
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 2 / 3 or equivalent, or a relevant Level 1 qualification. A satisfactory reference is also needed.
One year study programme.
Possible progression onto another course at the college on an individual basis, or into employment.
The practical skills and knowledge that are consolidated throughout the course put you in good stead for joining the animal industry with a strong work ethic and reputation behind you. You will be equipped to seek out a career working in commercial kennels, animal rescue centres, and animal collections, or self-employed as a dog walker, pet sitter, dog groomer or running animal parties.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).