Level 1 in Animal Care
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Animal health
- Work experience and employability skills
- Health and safety
- Personal and social development
- English and Maths, as required.
There are no formal entry requirements, though a genuine interest in the subject is essential.
Students must provide a satisfactory reference and show enthusiasm and commitment at interview.
One year full-time, normally in college three days a week.
Students can progress to one of the Level 2 Animal Care or Horse Care courses at the college.
Work as a Pet Shop Assistant, Kennels Assistant, Catteries Assistant, Volunteering, and many more.
For your course, you will need:
- Folder with dividers to organise your work and assignments
- Stationery including notepad for use in class, pens and pencils
- College-branded blue kennel coat
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – including steel toe capped footwear (boots, shoes, or wellies)
- Waterproof outdoor clothing and footwear (for work experience).
How to Apply
Application is via our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).