Open Awards Level 2 Certificate in Animal Care
Duration: One year
What You Study
- Introduction to the Land Based industry
- Accommodation Theory
- Accommodation and Feeding Practical
- Feed and water theory
- Handling Animals Theory
- Handling Animals Practical
- Health and Welfare Theory
- Health and Welfare Practical
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Provide controlled exercise theory
- Provide controlled exercise practical
- English and Maths, as required.
Four GCSEs at grade 2 / 3 or equivalent, or a relevant Level 1 qualification. A satisfactory academic reference is also needed.
One year study programme, with the option to study a second year to top up to the Level 2 Diploma.
Students can top up on to the Open Awards Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care.
The practical skills that are gained and consolidated throughout the course stand you in good stead for joining the animal industry with a strong work ethic and reputation behind you launch your career. Whether it be working in commercial kennels, animal rescue centres, laboratories, zoos and small animal collections. Almost all areas of the animal industry require Experience and Qualifications which you will build on throughout this course.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).