Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Assistant Apprenticeship
Duration: 18 months
What You Study
- Health, bio-security and welfare legislation
- Animal anatomy and physiology
- Basic reproduction and obstetrics
- Animal first aid and medication
- Animal behaviours and their changing needs at different life stages
- Animal accommodation and environments
- Preparing and providing food, water and nutrition
- Approach, handle and restraining animals
- Exercise and socialise animals including enrichment
- Customer service
Appropriate employment in the animal industry. It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade D/3 in English and Maths.
How you're assessed
The apprenticeship has an end point assessment (EPA) and is graded pass or distinction.
You may progress to a higher-level course at the college. You may be offered a higher-level role e.g. assistant supervisor, in your workplace.
Typical careers include; kennel/cattery assistant, animal technician, animal day care assistant, pet retail assistant, veterinary care, zoo keeper or wildlife park assistant.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).