Level 2 and Level 3 Apprenticeships in Animal Care
Duration: 12 to 36 months
What You Study
- Health and safety
- Maintaining the health and well-being of animals
- Maintaining animal accommodation
- Preparing and providing food
- Controlling and restraining animals.
- Safety and security of the workplace
- Planning for the health and welfare of animals
- Planning the handling and restraint of animals
- Maintaining the behaviour, health and welfare of animals.
For the Intermediate Intermediate Apprenticeship, you must have GCSE English and Maths at grade E or 3 or equivalent. For the Advanced Apprenticeship, you must have achieved a Level 2 qualification in Animal Care and have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalent. For both levels, you must also pass an initial assessment, secure work as an apprentice and have one satisfactory reference.
More advanced courses are available at the college for further progression.
Work in kennels and catteries, pet shops, veterinary practices, animal sanctuaries, animal welfare organisations, charities, zoos and many more.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).