NPTC Level 2 Award in Tractor Driving and Related Operations
Type: Short Course
Duration: Three days
What You Study
This qualification teaches the candidates to:
- Identify any hazards specific to the site, task and machine
- Identify and explain function of all instruments and controls on the machine
- Carry out daily pre-use checks to the tractor
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards that could arise when using a tractor and the correct procedure/precautions to be observed when driving with heavily loaded trailers and implements
- Mount vehicle, carry out safety checks and start engine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of a tractor on or near the public highway or other areas to which the public has access
- Hitch tractor to trailer and connect hydraulic coupling(s)
- Drive tractor and trailer around a designated course as outlined by the assessor, to include negotiating corners, gear changing and reversing in a confined space
- Tip trailer, uncouple and park tractor safely
- Attach a three-point linkage implement to the tractor, observing safe practice at all times
- Attach a PTO driven machine to the tractor and fit PTO shaft
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors to consider when using PTO shaft.
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16 years old. There are no other formal entry requirements for this qualification however candidates will be required to supply their own personal protective equipment which should consist of:
- Steel toe capped boots
- High visibility vest.
Three days, Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm.
- NPTC Fork Lift Truck Operations.
£355 per person.
How To Apply
To book a place or request further information, call 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.