NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides – Hand Held Applicator PA6
Type: Short Course
Duration: Two days
What You Study
This qualification teaches the candidates to:
- Prepare a handheld pesticide applicator for work, calibrate it and operate it to ensure correct application rate without risk to themselves, other people and the environment
- Use the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general
- Carry out daily and routine maintenance on a handheld pesticide applicator
- Carry out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide.
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16 years old. Candidates much have successfully achieved NPTC Level Two Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Foundation Unit PA1 prior to attending this course.
There are no other formal entry requirements for this qualification however candidates will be required to supply their own personal protective equipment which should consist of:
- Type 6 limited splash coverall
- Nitrile rubber gloves (0.5mm thick, 300mm long)
One day training plus one day assessment.
- NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides – Ground Crop Sprayer PA2
- NPTC Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pesticides – Slug Pellet PA4.
£229 per person.
How To Apply
To book a place or request further information, call us on 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.