NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides – Foundation Unit PA1
Type: Short Course
Duration: One day
What You Study
The course covers the four most commonly used pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and plant growth regulators. It teaches the candidates to:
- Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides
- Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely, using product label information
- Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination
- Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental personal contamination
- Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides
- Understand the correct procedures for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings
- Understand the records that must be kept
- Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.
The minimum age for a candidate taking this course is 16. There are no other formal entry requirements.
£199 per person.
- NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Boom Sprayer Unit PA2
- NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Pesticide Granular Application Unit PA4
- NPTC Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides - Handheld Applicator Unit PA6
How To Apply
To book a place or request further information, call us on 01964 553181 or email email@example.com.