Level 3 Apprenticeship in Agriculture - Crop Technician
Duration: 24 months
What You Study
- Crop establishment
- Vehicle operation
- Crop management
- Maintenance and preparation
In addition for soil-based systems there are specific skill requirements:
- Correctly set machinery and monitoring machine performance for good seed establishment and crop growth
- Correctly set machinery to match crop and soil condition and quality requirements during harvest
- Maintenance of non-productive areas
- Impact of machinery on soil structure and potential damage.
Apprentices need to develop a diverse set of personal skills and behaviours to ensure success in their chosen profession. These include:
- Strong work ethic
- Effective communicator
- Team working
- Safety awareness.
Appropriate employment in the agricultural industry.
It is preferable candidates have a minimum GCSE grade C/4 in English and maths.
How You’re Assessed
This apprenticeship has an End Point Assessment (EPA) and is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
More advanced courses are available at the college for further progression.
On completion of this apprenticeship, Crop Technicians will have the opportunity to progress within the industry into roles such as unit/arable manager, production manager, farm manager.
How To Apply
Application is through our online application form or by the Common Application Process (CAP).